Saturday 2 August 2014

BOOK REVIEW | GRACELING BY KRISTIN CASHORE


Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Genre: YA Fantasy

My Rating: ★★★★★

Click here to go to this books' goodreads page!

Goodreads Summary:
Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.
When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.
She never expects to become Po's friend.
She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...


OH MY GOSH, THIS BOOK. I was not expecting to love this as much as I did! It has a pretty high rating on goodreads (4.11) but a lot of mixed reviews saying that the start of the book was too slow. I can see what these reviewers are saying, but to be honest, I loved every second of the book because the world was SO RICH and the beginning just solidified all of the elements of this world and these characters. Because of this slow (but still incredibly enjoyable) beginning, the world was crystal clear in my mind and the characters were really well developed and I just loved everything about it!

In this world, some people are born with graces, which are essentially special talents, some useful such as fighting, mind reading, etc. and then some not so useful such as being able to twist your torso 360 degrees. The main character Katsa is graced with killing, and because of this, the King (her Uncle) uses her for his personal gain to stay in power. But Katsa is starting to rebel when she meets Prince Po, a stunning boy with a grace for fighting and they embark on an exciting and fast paces journey together and OH MAN. IT'S SO GOOD YOU GUYS.

Everything about this world is so well developed and the writing is on point. I became so attached to the characters and the entire storyline just sucked me in completely! I adored the sense of adventure and all of the relationships between characters and I can't wait to continue on with the series! I absolutely loved it! Highly, HIGHLY recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment