Monday 18 May 2015

BOUT OF BOOKS 13.0 WRAP UP!



So it was my first time participating in Bout of Books and I had so much fun! I ended up completing 3 books and 2 volumes of manga throughout the week! Not as much as I had hoped, but I was busy helping my sister move and working and such! 
Here's a rundown of everything I read!

DAY ONE




I read from pages 120 - 201 of Hunger by Michael Grant. This is the second book in the Gone series, which I am absolutely LOVING. So I read 81 pages of this on day one!









Then I listened to an hour and thirty-three minutes of Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby, which is an ADORABLE contemporary YA book! I listened to some of this because I was driving around quite a lot that day and didn't want to waste that time not reading! I have no idea how many pages an hour and thirty-three minutes equates to but I added it in here anyway even though I didn't listen to any more of it throughout the week. 





DAY TWO





Then on day two I spent all of the reading time I had completing this beast of a book! I read from pages 201 - 586 which was a total of 385 pages. I didn't enjoy Hunger as much as the first book in the series (Gone) but I still really liked it and I ended up giving it 4 stars!




DAY THREE



On the third day of the readathon, I completed volume 5 of Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba. Death Note is a manga series which I first watched the anime of a few years ago and adored it so much that I vowed to myself that I would read the manga one day, and so here I am! I felt like this volume was very much a build up for the next one and not a lot happened, so I gave it 4 stars.

Then I read roughly half of volume 6 of Death Note (100 pages) before I fell asleep!




DAY FOUR




Day four was a busy day for me, so I only ended up finishing the 6th volume of Death Note which was the last 111 pages. This volume was EPIC and I absolutely loved it so I gave it 5 stars! What a cliffhanger though! I need the next one!






DAY FIVE





On day five I decided to start Angelfall by Susan Ee which is the first book in a fantasy/post-apocolyptic trilogy. I managed to read the first 214 pages of this one before the day was over!





DAY SIX




On day six, I finished Angelfall by reading the last 112 pages! I felt like it took a little while for me to get into this one, but the last 100 pages or so were EXCELLENT and I ended up giving this one a 4.5 stars! 









I also started an ARC of Patrick Ness' upcoming August release, The Rest of Us Just Live Here. I received this from Walker Books Australia so thank you so much Walker! I only managed to read the first 18 pages of this on day six, but I really enjoyed what I read so far!





DAY SEVEN



Day seven was another busy day for me, but I ended up going to a book fair with my mum and sister and I found this beauty for $2! So I bought it and when I got home that night, I devoured this in one sitting! (All 240 pages) It's the Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot, the first in the Princess Diaries series and I absolutely adored it! Obviously this wasn't on my original TBR, but I couldn't resist and I couldn't have asked for a better book to end the readathon with! 5 stars!



So all up I read 3 novels and 2 mangas and a little bit of two other books. How did you guys do in the Bout of Books 13.0 readathon? 

:D 

No comments:

Post a Comment