Tuesday 24 June 2014

CURRENTLY READING | 24/06/14

I've been in a reading slump ever since finishing the amazing Selection trilogy by Kiera Cass and now I'm just feeling so... meh. So here are the books I'm currently reading.

Of course I'm still in the middle of a few books that I have no idea if I'm ever going to actually finish! These include: A Clash of Kings by George RR. Martin; Cross Stitch by Diana Gabaldon; The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins; Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor and Grim by various YA authors.

But there are 3 books that I am currently actively reading at the moment! (if you click the book title it will take you to that books goodreads page).

The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti
This book is centred around a girl who has Panic Disorder and Anxiety, something that I suffer from and am currently going through a really rough patch with, so I wanted to pick this one up. I'm not too far in, but I'm enjoying it even if it isn't really gripping me or getting me out of my slump.

Landline by Rainbow Rowell
I received an advance readers copy of this book through work (I work in a bookstore) and I am currently on page 81 and to be honest, this isn't gripping me either. *sad face* I am excited to read it though and see whether it lives up to her other books!

Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I am currently rereading this for like the fourth time because I absolutely love this series to death. I feel like I can really relate to the main character and a lot of the characters actually have mental illnesses and I just think this book has EVERYTHING you could possibly want in a YA book. Brilliant.

What are you guys currently reading?

April :)

2 comments:

  1. You need to read The Maze Runner trilogy! I have read all three books and am currently reading the prequel!! I think you will love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I need to read them before the movie comes out!!

      Delete