Saturday 25 October 2014

Book Review | Caribbean Cruising by Rachel Hawthorne


Title: Caribbean Cruising
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Series: Standalone
Publisher: Avon
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Goodreads


Plot: ★★
The plot was very unoriginal and extremely predictable. It follows a girl who goes on a cruise for her mothers wedding and it just so happens that her new step-dad has a godson who is on the cruise to look out for her. She has a list of things she wants to do on the cruise and the main one is to lose her virginity and kiss lots of guys. I bet you can guess what’s going to happen, can’t you?

Characters: ★★
Very bland and unoriginal. The main character is your typical YA contemporary character who is innocent, yet playful and fun. The new friend she makes on the cruise is a huge party girl who has no other side to her at all. To be honest I didn’t feel a connection to any of the characters.

Writing:
★★
The writing certainly wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t amazing or beautiful either. It just was.

Romance/Feels:

Unfortunately I had little to no feels on this one! I saw everything coming from a mile away and because I didn’t form a strong connection to the characters, I didn’t get any major feels.

Ending:

I couldn’t believe how this ended. The two that get together claim their love for each other after knowing each other for 10 days. It was the most abrupt, cliché, insta-lovey, cringe-worthy ending I have ever read. Definitely not my favourite ending.

Overall Enjoyment:
★★
It was kinda cute, especially if you’re reading this on a cruise or by the pool, but otherwise it definitely fell flat for me.

Rereadability:
Definitely won’t be rereading this one!


Final Rating: 1.67 stars to be exact!

No comments:

Post a Comment