Friday 24 October 2014

Book Review | The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight



Title: The Statistical Probability of Love and First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Series: Standalone
Publisher: Poppy Hachette Little Brown and Company 

Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Goodreads


Plot: ★★★.5
This novel follows a 17-year-old girl who is flying across the world to London for her Dad’s wedding. At the airport, she meets a hunky English guy and they hit it off straight away. Then things unfold once the plane lands in London!
I really enjoy the simplicity of the plot. It took place over 24 hours, so this made the book fast paced and a cute, quick read. The plot wasn’t anything majorly special, but it was enough to keep me interested the entire way through. Sometimes a quick, short, light read is exactly what you need.

Characters: ★★★
I really enjoyed the main two characters, even though there wasn’t much character development or a lot of background information to get to know the characters. This was understandable as the book takes place over 48 hours but I didn’t feel as though any of the characters were unique or overly interesting.

Writing:
★★★.5
The writing style is simple, yet it flows nicely. I was entertained the entire time I was reading the book and the writing didn’t seem juvenile or forced.

Romance/Feels:
★★★
I did get some minor feels while reading this book, but nothing that majorly tugged on my heart strings!

Ending:
★★★
A cute, happy ending.

Overall Enjoyment:
★★★
Overall, it was a cute, light read, I recommend this to anyone who is going on a holiday and will be spending some time in an airport and/or on a plane. It made the experience of reading the book pretty cool. I also recommend it to anyone looking for a light, romance book with family themes throughout.

Rereadability: To be honest I won’t be rereading this book. It was cute, but not enough to be one of those books that I’ll read again in the future.


Final Rating: 3.17 stars!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I definitely agree its something that I won't be reading about, though it will be interesting to see how the movie will play out, maybe the characters will be more likeable.

    ReplyDelete