Sunday 5 October 2014

BOOK REVIEW | MARY POPPINS

Title: Mary Poppins
Author: P.L. Travers
Series: Book 1 in a series
Publisher: Harper Collins
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Genre: Children’s Classics
Goodreads

This review contains spoilers for the end of the book! Beware!

Characters:
The characters in this book are so weird. Sure, the kids would have been relatable at the time this was written but Mary Poppins was an extremely unlikeable character who just awful and bizarre, and not in the good way either. None of the characters stood out to me and they all felt really flat.

Plot:
The plot was just awful. Nothing happened. Mary Poppins came and was horrible to the children; they went on a couple of weird adventures that had no backstory or plot to them, and then she left. The end.

Writing:
★★
I suppose the writing was alright, but it definitely wasn’t what I expected.

Romance/Feels:

None whatsoever.

Ending:

The ending is what confuses me the most. Mary Poppins decides to leave the children and then the children all of a sudden decide that they don’t want Mary Poppins to leave even though she’s been nothing but HORRIBLE to them. What????


Overall Enjoyment:

I unfortunately did not enjoy this book at all.
L Definitely one of my least favourite books I’ve ever read.

Rereadability: I got rid of the book after I read it so I won’t be rereading it.

Final Rating: 1.67 stars to be exact!

No comments:

Post a Comment