Wednesday 9 April 2014

SERIES REVIEW: THE INFERNAL DEVICES BY CASSANDRA CLARE

The Infernal Devices - Cassandra Clare
Genre: YA FANTASY/PARANORMAL
Series Rating: 4.5 stars

It took me a long time to get into this series, I must admit, but as soon as I did, man was it good! The first book was alright and took me longer than usual to read a book. I don’t really know why, but I felt like it was really slow moving and nothing much happened. Clockwork Prince (book two) took me SO LONG to get into. I swear it took me about 3 weeks to finish but within the last quarter it really started to pick up and when I finished that, I picked up Clockwork Princess which OH MY GOODNESS was just non-stop amazingness!
There weren’t any boring or slow bits in this one and it felt like I was taken on a rollercoaster of emotions! It was just beautiful, honestly. I LOVED how everything connects with the Mortal Instruments series and how along the way, connections are made and you go OMG THAT’S THAT PERSON, OMG THEY’RE RELATED, OR OMG THAT’S WHAT HAPPENS! So much thought went into this and I really, REALLY appreciated this. It made the story so authentic and original. I also loved how she included the family tree at the back OH MA LORD I was just fangirling so much! Tessa was such a great character, come to think of it; everyone was a great character, even the villains! I felt like they were all real and had so much backstory to them. I loved everyone at the institute and I loved how they grew as people and began to care for one another. All of the characters were just BRILLIANT.
The ONLY downfall of this series for me was that it had a VERY slow start. The only one I gave 5 stars to was Clockwork Princess. If the first two books had a faster pace and were more exciting, this series would have been 5 stars all round.
It was truly excellent though and I highly recommend you check them out if you haven’t. This world is just awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment