Saturday 12 April 2014

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING...

Hey guys! 
I've been in a huge slump and have only read 2 books so far this month which is so not like me AT ALL! So I've started quite a few new books just to find something that will get me out of my slump and thought I'd share all of the books that I'm currently in the middle of! 

There are 3 books that I've been in the middle of for a long time because they're chunky and for some reason, can't hold my attention for long so I just pick them up every now and again. (If you click the title it will take you to the goodreads page for that book) 
The first one is.....
A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

I'm currently on page 185 and have been for several months because this book is just SO SLOW. If you don't know, this book is the second instalment of the Song of Ice and Fire series which has been made into a T.V. show which is AMAZING! 

The second book is...
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

I'm on page 51 of this one and plan to finish it before the end of the year! I mean no offence whatsoever by posting this, it's just something that I'm personally interested in! Richard Dawkins is an Atheist and a biologist and a fantastic public speaker and I love watching/reading anything this man has to say.

The next book is...
Cross Stitch (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon

I'm currently on page 90 of this one and it's a huge book that is the first in a very long adult fiction/historical romance series. It's great, but just a bit slow and other books are capturing my attention a lot faster!

I'm also reading...
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
I'm currently on page 132 of this HUGE final instalment in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. I feel like this trilogy is really slow and I need something fast and addicting right now to get me out of my slump so I've put this one down for now :(

Another book I've started recently...
Grim by various YA authors, edited by Christine Johnson
I'm currently on page 139 of this beauty and am absolutely loving it! It's a collection of short fairytale retellings all by Young Adult authors and it's great so far! The actual book is also one of the most beautiful ones I own, it's all leathery and dfkhjabkdfhbadf

To continue on with this theme, I'm also reading...
Whichever retelling I'm about to read in Grim, I'll read the real fairytale in this book or in the next one I'm about to show, so I've read about 5 of these stories so far!

Which brings me to...

I've obviously only read a few of these as well, but I love fairytales so much <3

WE'RE ALMOST DONE. I KNOW, IT'S RIDICULOUS HOW MANY I'M READING RIGHT NOW

I picked up this beauty from the library the other day...
I'm only about 20 pages in but the illustrations are BEAUTIFUL!

AND THE LAST ONE...
Amy & Matthew by Cammie McGovern

I just started this one this afternoon and am on page 106 and it's amazing so far! It follows a girl named Amy who has Cerebral palsy and begins to make friends with a boy called Matthew at school, as he's helping her out getting to and from classes and such, and it turns out he's facing some demons that Amy is willing to help him with and they form a beautiful friendship. I'm loving it so far and I can't wait to see where this goes!

AAAAAAAND THAT'S IT FOLKS! What are you guys reading? :)



1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read The God Delusion for a while now! I definitely need to pick it up.

    I'm currently reading Time of Attack by Marc Cameron.

    ReplyDelete