Friday 14 November 2014

Book Review | Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang

Title: Falling into Place
Author: Amy Zhang
Series: Standalone
Publisher: Harper Collins Australia
Format: eARC
Source: ARC from NetGalley
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Goodreads

Thank you so much to NetGalley and Harper Collins Australia for providing me with a review copy!

Plot: ★★★★★
This story is told from a mysterious unknown perspective that outlines in a non-linear fashion, the main characters life up until the moment she decides to drive her car off the icy motorway. Even though the story was told in a non-linear way, I couldn’t put this book down. It was so extraordinarily beautiful in the way the story was told and I think this book has such value in regards to its content. What an important and poignant story!

Characters: ★★★★★
I loved reading about Liz Emerson and her life. All of the characters were so flawed and realistic and it just goes to show that in real life people suffer with so many issues and I loved how the characters went through so much such as mental illness, drug abuse, pregnancy, family issues, etc.

Writing:
★★★★★
The way it was written blew me away. I didn’t expect the non-linear aspect to work so well for the story but it really did.

Romance/Feels: ★★★★★
I was in tears at the end of the book because I had so many feelings! I was just so attached to the story and the characters that I felt everything they did.

Ending:
★★★★★
Absolutely perfect. I won’t say any more but just know that I was tearing up!

Overall Enjoyment:
★★★★★
Such a beautiful story that I recommend for mature YA readers. It’s so insightful and important that these issues are addressed in the Young Adult genre and I will forever cherish this book. I enjoyed it so much that halfway through reading my eARC, I purchased the physical book so I could own it on my shelf forever.

Rereadability: Definitely!


Final Rating: 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment