Friday 14 November 2014

Book Review | Everything Between Us by Mila Ferrera

Title: Everything Between Us
Author: Mila Ferrera
Series: Book 2 in a companion duology
Publisher: Mila Ferrera Books
Format: ebook
Source: Amazon AU
Genre: New Adult Romance
Goodreads

All of my reviews are spoiler free (unless stated otherwise) so you can go ahead and read my review!

Blurb:
Daniel’s got everything figured out. He makes a good living as an artist ... mostly through offering "private shows" to the wives of local wealthy businessmen. He never stops playing the game and never lets anyone touch his heart. But when his current fling offers him a few hundred an hour for art lessons for her reclusive, college-dropout daughter, Daniel finds himself forgetting his own rules. The girl is rude. Insulting. Incredible.
And she sees straight through him.
Stella is hiding from the world, not because she wants to, but because crippling panic attacks await her every time she tries to live a normal life. She's determined to push everyone--including her handsome new art teacher—away. But Daniel makes it utterly impossible. The guy is irritating. Mocking. Magnetic.
And makes her want things she knows she can never have.
What starts as a battle of wills turns into passion, where giving in means facing the things that scare them most.

Plot: ★★★★★
Everything Between Us follows a girl named Stella who has come home from College because of her crippling anxiety and panic attacks. Her family is extremely dysfunctional and her rich parents just don’t understand what she’s going through. Her mother hires an artist (a man she’s currently sleeping with) to provide art therapy lessons for Stella but little do they know they’re about to fall for each other hard and help each other through so much.
I personally can really relate to Stella as a character with her chronic anxiety and so I loved how one of the main focuses of the story was her going to therapy and taking control over her life again and facing her fears. I thought it was really inspiring to read about. The romance was also brilliant and you learn so much more about the characters. Because Stella’s storyline was one I could really relate to, I loved the plot of this story. Everything else was just a bonus!

Characters: ★★★★★
Such interesting and deep characters that have so much more to them than meets the eye, especially Daniel, the love interest. I loved them so much together, but I also loved how both of them learned to love themselves as well.

Writing:
★★★★.5
There was nothing overly different about the writing that made the book amazing, but it was captivating and I couldn’t put it down! I felt like everything she wrote was meaningful to the story.

Romance/Feels: ★★★★★
Obviously, because this is a new adult book, there was a lot of romance, and when I say romance, I also mean a lot of sex. Usually when I read new adult books with a lot of sex it feels like the author was just putting it in there for the heck of it, but with this book, it really felt like the sex was in there because the characters had real feelings for each other and it was beautiful.

Ending:
★★★★★
I am so happy with the ending of this book. It made me feel so happy and positive about life and it was just fantastic.

Overall Enjoyment:
★★★★★
I am obsessed with this book if you can’t tell already, so I recommend you go and read this beautiful book if you’re old enough so we can discuss!

Rereadability: YES YES YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU.


Final Rating: 4.92 stars to be precise!

No comments:

Post a Comment