Sunday 23 November 2014

Book Review | Forgotten by Cat Patrick


Title: Forgotten
Author: Cat Patrick
Series: Standalone
Publisher: Hardie Grant Books
Format: Paperback
Source: Borrowed
Genre: YA Contemporary/Magical Realism
Goodreads

Blurb:
I remember forwards. I remember forwards, and forget backwards. My memories, bad, boring, or good, haven't happened yet. So I will remember standing in the fresh-cut grass with the black-clad figures surrounded by stone until I do it for real. I will remember the funeral until it happens - until someone dies. And after that, it will be forgotten. Here's the thing about me: I can see my future, but my past is blank. I see the future in flashes, like memories. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and a car crash that won't happen till this afternoon. But yesterday has evaporated from my mind - just like the boy I love. I can't see him in my future. I can't remember him from my past. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much.

Plot: ★★★★.5
The main character of this novel has no recollection of her past as her memory resets every morning at 3:44am. She can, however, see the future, so she’s very confused when her boyfriend (who she has to write notes about every day so she doesn’t forget him) isn’t in her memories of the future. The storyline was so fascinating! I couldn’t put this book down because I just wanted to know what caused her memory to reset? What secrets are people holding from her? Honestly the plot was great and so different than anything I’ve ever read before!

Characters: ★★★★.5
I loved the characters so much and it was so interesting reading from the perspective from a character who can’t remember things and you start to question things about certain characters and oh mannnnn. I honestly loved the characters they were excellently done.

Writing: ★★★★
The writing style made this book just fly by! It was so addicting and really easy to read. It flowed really well and I loved how the author included some of the notes that the main character had written for herself.

Romance/Feels: ★★★★
I love the love interest! I wish I knew more about him though because you don’t really find out all that much. There were definitely some feels though because you find out some pretty crazy stuff!

Ending:
★★★★
I feel like the ending could have been dragged out a bit more. It ended so quickly and wrapped up in such a small number of pages! I just want more!

Overall Enjoyment:
★★★★
I loved this book and the idea was so unique to me. I definitely recommend this one to YA lovers who like a good mystery!

Rereadability: Maybe!


Final Rating: 4.17 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment