Sunday 23 November 2014

Book Review | The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Title: The Goddess Test
Author: Aimee Carter
Series: 1st in a trilogy
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Goodreads

This review is spoiler free :)

Plot: ★★★★
This was so much fun! It follows a girl who has to undertake a series of tests in order to become the Queen of the Underworld and marry Henry AKA Hades. She thinks she’s a normal girl looking after her sick mother until weird things start happening and in order to save a life, she has to spend 6 months every year with Henry in his mansion, that is, if she succeeds in the tests and isn’t killed first!
I honestly couldn’t put this book down because it was so intriguing and I just had to know what was going to happen! The only reason I docked a star is because it was very predictable, but it was still so much fun to read!

Characters: ★★★★
I really enjoyed the characters and I loved how different they all were. I liked trying to piece together which characters were which of the Greek Gods and Goddesses! For some reason though, I felt I lacked a connection with the characters and I don’t know why.

Writing: ★★★★.5
So addicting and it flowed so well! I honestly struggled to put the book down once I started so props to Aimee Carter!!

Romance/Feels: ★★★.5
I definitely enjoyed the romance but for some reason I felt as though it lacked spark. I felt like there was something missing and those feelings of butterflies you get in your tummy when you’re reading about characters falling in love just wasn’t there for me in this one! Still cute though!

Ending:
★★★★
I liked the ending even though a lot of aspects were quite predictable. There definitely was a shock towards the end that I didn’t expect until about the page before it happened! The ending definitely left me wanting to know what’s going to happen in the next book!

Overall Enjoyment:
★★★★.5
This was so fun to read and I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quick, entertaining read with a twist of Greek mythology!

Rereadability: Maybe!

Final Rating: 4.08 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment